Welcome to IBEW Local 456
The International Brotherhood of Electrical workers Local 456, was chartered on January 25, 1915. Since January 1, 2000, Local 456 jurisdiction was expanded to include all of Middlesex County and a part of Somerset County under the Inside Wireman agreement and the Outside Commercial Agreement.
Local 456 also has jurisdiction of outside utility contractors performing work on the property of Public Service Electric & Gas of New Jersey, Jersey Central Power & Light (GPU), Orange and Rockland Utilities inn New Jersey, and Railroads. Jurisdiction of substation work, in New Jersey, is under the inside locals commercial agreements.
Local 456 works very closely with the Northern New Jersey chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association and the Northeast Line Contractors to provide the highest train and competent workforce available. Our contractors know that when they call on Local 456 for manpower the job will be done right, safe and on time.
If you need a reliable and competent electrical contractor or if you are an electrical contractor who needs reliable manpower then IBEW Local 456 is ready to assist.
Leader in the electrical industry, Local 456 - (12/17/2015)
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about our us through our website. On our site you can learn a great deal about us such as:
- Officers of the Local
- Our History
- Training Information including Advanced Courses we offer
- Apprenticeship Information including How to Join
- Organizing Information including Why You Should Join
- News and Events
- Agreement Information and Current Wage Rates
- Promotional Information such as Video and Commercials
- Key Government Information for Your Area
- Key Political Information on Upcoming Projects and Politicians
- Helpful Links
- Contractor Information for Your Area And More!!!
Show All News Headlines