The Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee of Local #456, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, will accept applications for apprenticeship, the first Monday of each month beginning March 3, 2014, from 8:30am-4:00pm at the Frank Marchitto Building, 1295 Livingston Avenue, North Brunswick, New Jersey.
POSITION 1 – APPRENTICE ELECTRICIAN
POSITION 2 – TELECOMMUNICATIONS INSTALLER-TECHNICIAN APPRENTICE
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST FULLY MEET THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS TO QUALIFY FOR INTERVIEW:
- AGE -18 years minimum
- EDUCATION - High school graduate/GED – one year algebra
*official transcript required
- APTITUTDE TEST - Electrical Trade Aptitude Test by American Institutes for Research.
- DRIVER’S LICENSE - Valid N.J. license to be presented at time of application.
- PHYSICAL CONDITION – Physical Exam or other reliable evidence required as requested.
- RESIDENCE - Applicant must live in jurisdictional territory of Local Union #456.
*Proof of residence is required
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE - The Committee will interview each applicant who meets all basic requirements. All applicants will be received without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or sex. Each applicant must meet all basic requirements to be eligible for interview. Apprentices will be selected in order of their ranking resulting from rating of interviewers.
INQUIRIES CONCERNING THIS NOTICE AND REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS AND FOLLOW-UP INQUIRIES SHOULD BE MADE IN PERSON OR BY TELEPHONE BY REQUESTING THE APPRENTICESHIP OFFICE (732)246-2788.