Apprentice Application Requirements
Because of the COVID 19 crisis, we will no longer accept applications
in person. Applications shall be completed online until further
notice. Please note the SPECIFIC day and time when applications will be
accepted. Applicants must email all required paperwork within 30 days
of application to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to qualify for an apprenticeship you must:
- Be 18 years minimum
- Reside in the IBEW Local 456 Territorial Jurisdiction. The territory consists of all of Middlesex County and a small portion
of Somerset County. Somerset County residents may email their address
to Apprenticeship@ibew456.org for jurisdictional review.
- Have a valid NJ Drivers License
- Be a High School Graduate/GED - one year algebra
IF YOU HAVE FULLY MEET THE ABOVE QUALIFICATIONS AND WISH TO
APPLY, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS (REMINDER THAT YOU CAN ONLY SUBMIT THE
APPLICATION DURING THE DESIGNATED DATES/TIMES):
- Apply online for Inside Wireman Apprenticeship and within 30 days, complete the remaining steps:
- Mail Official High School Transcript must be mailed (NOT EMAILED) from the high school to the IBEW Local 456 address at:
IBEW Local 456
1295 Livingston Ave.
North Brunswick, NJ 08902
- Proof of Residence- Only a copy of your NJ Drivers license will be accepted and must be emailed to: Apprenticeship@ibew456.org.
- Birth Certificate emailed to Apprenticeship@ibew456.org
- (If applicable) Email a copy of your Military Discharge (DD-214)
COME BACK HERE TO FILL OUT AN APPLICATION ON THE ASSIGNED DATES
The committee will review these documents to determine if applicant
is eligible for the aptitude test. The Electrical Trade Aptitude Test by
American Institute for Research will be administered by Local 456. If
applicant passes the test they qualify for an interview. Applicant will
be selected in order of their ranking resulting from rating of
interviewers. If selected, applicant will be required to pass a preemployment physical.
INQUIRIES CONCERNING THIS NOTICE AND REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS AND
FOLLOW-UP INQUIRIES SHOULD BE EMAILED TO THE APPRENTICESHIP OFFICE AT: