Apprentice Application Requirements
Because of the COVID 19 crisis, we will no longer accept applications in person. Applications shall be completed online until further notice. Please note the SPECIFIC day and time when applications will be accepted. Applicants must email all required paperwork within 30 days of application to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to qualify for an apprenticeship you must:
- Be 18 years minimum
- Reside in the IBEW Local 456 Territorial Jurisdiction. The territory consists of all of Middlesex County and a small portion of Somerset County. Somerset County residents may email their address to Apprenticeship@ibew456.org for jurisdictional review.
- Have a valid NJ Drivers License
- Be a High School Graduate/GED - one year algebra
IF YOU HAVE FULLY MEET THE ABOVE QUALIFICATIONS AND WISH TO APPLY, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS (REMINDER THAT YOU CAN ONLY SUBMIT THE APPLICATION DURING THE DESIGNATED DATES/TIMES):
- Apply online for Inside Wireman Apprenticeship and within 30 days, complete the remaining steps:
- Mail Official High School Transcript must be mailed (NOT EMAILED) from the high school to the IBEW Local 456 address at:
IBEW Local 456
1295 Livingston Ave.
North Brunswick, NJ 08902
- Proof of Residence- Only a copy of your NJ Drivers license will be accepted and must be emailed to: Apprenticeship@ibew456.org.
- Birth Certificate emailed to Apprenticeship@ibew456.org
- (If applicable) Email a copy of your Military Discharge (DD-214)
The committee will review these documents to determine if applicant is eligible for the aptitude test. The Electrical Trade Aptitude Test by American Institute for Research will be administered by Local 456. If applicant passes the test they qualify for an interview. Applicant will be selected in order of their ranking resulting from rating of interviewers. If selected, applicant will be required to pass a preemployment physical.
INQUIRIES CONCERNING THIS NOTICE AND REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS AND FOLLOW-UP INQUIRIES SHOULD BE EMAILED TO THE APPRENTICESHIP OFFICE AT:
COME BACK HERE TO FILL OUT AN APPLICATION ON THE ASSIGNED DATES